Tuesday, March 1, 2016

My Fire and That of His: a Poem By Jane Eyre

My Fire and That of His

The fire
I feel it, burning through my chest
The embers of passions shine like a thousand stars
The forge of my being where new feelings are melted and remolded
My spirit dances with the wisps of smoke
The burning, I danced, bent to its whims, I felt sweet release of being alive
The they came with their ice and cold and fear in their eyes
They rages against the fire of my soul, forced dousing water upon its source
They tried to turn my raging sun into a barren arctic wasteland
They tried...
But like a the sun my spirit cannot be cowed
It may disappear like the day, but it has always been there
She comes to me at night a shows a rawer form of myself
She comes wreathed in fire, in liquid passion
I see her and understand
And against my will my spirit rises to join that of hers
To that of his
Were we dance, as one, wreathed in flame
Forever burning
Forever loving
At once, free...


No comments:

Post a Comment